FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. Why Iskandar?
- Iskandar has the buy-in of the top political leaders in Malaysia and Singapore with bilateral ties at its strongest and improving
- A host of catalytic projects taking place to boost economic activities and growth in the region; presents enormous opportunities
- It is the natural hinterland to Singapore with its close proximity
- Improving accessibility to Singapore with ferry crossing, RTS, HSR
- Huge difference in property pricing between Singapore and Johor
- Excellent accessibility and connectivity to Singapore and the rest of the world through sea, air, land and rail
- Reputable and strong JV partners who share a common vision namely Khazanah Nasional and Iskandar Investment
- Next growth corridor for Sunway; Sunway's largest integrated township to date
2. What is the land size?
- The substantial size (approx. 1,800 acres) is an opportunity for Sunway to replicate another award-winning township similar to or better than Sunway Resort City
- Sunway is one of the largest landowners in Nusajaya, Iskandar Malaysia
3. What are the advantages of the location that
Sunway City Iskandar Puteri is in?
- 5 minutes to Singapore through the Second Link
- Fronting Pendas River and Straits of Johor and surrounded by lush verdant greenery;
- A sizable plot within Iskandar that allows us to replicate our integrated townships
- Close proximity to existing catalytic projects including Iskandar Malaysia Studios, Legoland and Marlborough College
- Freehold land on Pendas side
4. What differentiates Sunway from the rest in
- Low density eco development (Plot Ratio : 1)
- Fronting 7km Pendas River and Straits of Johor; and surrounded by lush greenery
- Only sizable plot within Iskandar with a sea front and river
- Long term strategy with unique build-own-and-manage (BOM) model; creating self-sustained developments
- Environmentally conscious and sensitive; responsible and committed to preservation and conservation of nature
- 5 minutes to Singapore via the Second Link
- Creating Sunway City Iskandar Puteri Golden Triangle, a thriving commercial hub anchored by a sizeable shopping mall, nature inspired activities and world class entertainment, education and medical hubs.
5. Who are Sunway's partners for Sunway City Iskandar Puteri?
- Khazanah Nasional
- Iskandar Investment
- Both are strong and reputable JV partners who share a common vision
6. What is the total GDV of Sunway City Iskandar Puteri?
- More than RM 30 billion
7. Why did Sunway decide to enter into Iskandar later
than other developers?
- Large tract of strategic and well-positioned land is not easy to come by
- Waited for the best strategic location
- Economies of scale
8. Who will be your target market in Iskandar?
- Local upgraders
- Singaporeans who see an opportunity to capitalise on the price difference in properties between the island and Iskandar
- High net worth Asians looking to use Singapore as a hub but prefer lower density and more spacious living environment
- Tourists from around the world with our diversified lifestyle offerings- education, and a range of tourism products
9. How will Sunway's experience and expertise benefit
Sunway is the pioneer of integrated developments in
Sunway turned a barren tin-mining land wasteland into a wonderland- the RM 11 billion Sunway Resort City, and Malaysia's first GBI certified green township
Strong track record :
10. What is Sunway's development philosophy for
Sunway City Iskandar Puteri?
- Focus on accessibility, connectivity and security
- Our developments integrate and enhance the natural surroundings
- Environmentally sensitive and conscious
11. What is the breakdown of the development?
- 70% residential
- 30% commercial
12. What are the components that will make up the
- Education - Education Park
- Healthcare - Medical Park
- Hospitality - Themed Hotels
- Retail - Lifestyle Malls
- Leisure - Eco Theme Park
- Residential - Lifestyle Homes
- Commercial - Business Parks
13. What will be the first launch for Sunway City Iskandar Puteri?
- Mixed development comprising residential apartments and boutique offices
- GDV of RM300 million upon 5 acres
14. Why do you think that Iskandar will be a success?
- Buy-in of the top political leaders in Malaysia and Singapore with bilateral ties at the highest point in decades and will continue into the future
- Natural hinterland to Singapore where costs are far higher, and within a few hours flight from other major Asian economies like China, Japan, India and Middle East
- Excellent and still improving accessibility and connectivity to Singapore (HSR, MRT, Ferry)
- Recently completed catalytic projects that draw big crowds will make Iskandar highly visible and pipeline projects will keep momentum going
- Sunway's proven track record in building integrated communities within a sustainable environment and amidst safe and secure surroundings
- Sunway's unique Build, Own and Manage (BOM) model